Keto diet vegetables
Have you been struggling to find the best vegetables to eat on a Keto diet? Truth be told, sometimes it can be hard to figure out if a specific food will fit into your Keto lifestyle.
As you know, the Keto diet emphasizes higher intakes of fats and lower intakes of carbohydrates. This is in an effort to teach the body to better utilize a fat-fuel source known as ketones.
Ketones are only available to be drawn on when muscle and liver glycogen (from carbohydrates) are at a very low amount. This is why the Keto diet will work best when you consume lower amounts of carbohydrates, especially if you can continue this for multiple days.
So, what are the vegetables to consume on a Keto diet?
Best Keto diet vegetables
We know that a Keto diet will work best when you can consume higher amounts of fat, but it’s also important to keep your caloric allowance in check when you want to lose weight.
Remember: fat is more than twice as calorically dense as carbohydrates and protein.
Those who want to succeed on a Keto diet for more effective weight management should look to sources of fat that are moderately low in saturated fats. Saturated fats have also been shown to be detrimental to your health and can even cause some chronic diseases to arise.
So, you’re left with foods that are mostly high in unsaturated fats, lean protein sources, and low-carbohydrate vegetables.
These vegetables will help you to maximize your Keto lifestyle:
Keto vegetables. You will need some carbs in your diet, and our top choices are vegetables that are low in carbs. The easiest way to pick out low carb veggies is to check for fiber and try to keep the starch content as low as possible.
1. Avacado. Not only are avocados rich in fat, but they also contain many essential vitamins and minerals for healthy growth. In general, they can be a little expensive, but they cost less than getting your fats from nuts and seeds.
◦ TOP TIP: Take the avocado seed out and use it as your window plant. With a couple months, you’ll have a beautiful little avocado plant!
2. Kale. Is one of the best sources of fiber and water anyone can eat.It also contains B vitamins, and vitamin C which both help in iron absorption. Kale is also linked to improved heart health and weight loss.
◦ Top Kale meal ideas are, Kale chips, Salads and Smoothies.
3.Spinach.With it’s high nutrient levels and low carb levels spinach is an ideal addition to the Keto vegetable list. Your vitamin intake can be boosted by adding spinach to your diet. Spinach is high in vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K.
4. Broccoli. Is a nutritional powerhouse full of vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. Broccoli can be eaten cooked or raw. Broccoli is an excellent addition to your list of Keto Diet vegetables.
◦ My Top picks are kale, spinach, and broccoli. Not only do they provide a great source of protein, but their carbohydrate levels are much lower than other fruit and vegetables.
There’s no need to feel like your Keto lifestyle limits you. Even though you want to pay attention to the keto guidelines, you still have a lot of choices and variety. You can eat these vegetables on a Keto diet without having to worry about going over your carb allowance or getting tired of the same boring food each day. Enjoy!
FREE BOOK: How to Eat Cookies and Brownies Every Day… And Still Get the Body of Your Dreams